Together with @Mich we want to show you some piece of code we are working on for some time.
We decided to start all work from the beginning and write completly new code.
We know that graficaly it won't be as beautiful as games made in Unity 3D or Unreal Engine, but we think our code still could be fun to play as graphic is not always the most important thing in games
Our code is now in let's call it "alpha" phase, but it already has the most important modules implemented:
- rendering: OpenGL 3.3
- bus and all objects physics: Bullet Physics
- sound 3D: OpenAL
- bus and door mechanisms based on physical constraints, all configured by XML text files (editor will come later)
- terrain generated based on heightmap file
- roads made with splines with given profile (also configured in XML files)
- additional pathways and pavements also made with splines
- basic lights - bus headlights + bus interior lights
Demo included in the attachment contains just an example map made only for showing the code on this forum, so it can have some bugs and glitches so please pay no attention to this. The same for objects on the map - they may have no collisions yet or some other bugs - please ignore it.
So please download the demo, play with it, test it and give us your opinion
Also some information about your average FPS and computer specification would be helpfull so we can see what is the performance.
PS. There are 2 buses available in the demo: Ikarus 211 i Autosan H9. You can switch them by editing game.xml file and change the name there to "h9" or "i211".
Big thanks to our colleague @mmiki26 for sharing 3d models with us so we could use some of them in our demo!
vbcpp_demo.zip 47.43MB 487 Number of downloads
fr0ziJoined: 08 Aug 2010
Offline Last Active: Yesterday, 19:18
- Group: Developerzy
- Active Posts: 276
- Profile Views: 7036
- Age: 34 years old
- Birthday: January 31, 1983
programowanie, linux, sci-fi, ezoteryka