Would vBus run on this notebook? - Help - VirtualBus forum

Would vBus run on this notebook?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

mkohan

mkohan
  • Użytkownicy
  • 1 Posts:
I know I have to polish my english. But I hope you understand my question.

Yesterday I downloaded vBus and lots of buses and maps for there, but I don't have installed them.
I have read system requirements and was laughing. They are pretty small...
Then I tried to run the program (no add-ons, just the software) on my father's notebook, Lenovo G585 (our family has only notebooks, no desktop PCs, we need portable ones). Specifications:
- 4 GB RAM
- Intel i3 2,2 GHz
- Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
- ATI Radeon (I don't know what type it is) with 512 MB or 1 GB graphic memory.
The notebook runs FIFA 11, 12, 13 and 14,, Euro Truck Simulator 1, 2, Xpand Rally Xtreme, CitiesXL 2011, 2012 without problems - no lagging. I think the graphics of vBus are not the ETS category.
But vBus don't runs smooth. And I was unable to drive the Solaris Urbino 12, it was going forward-reverse, forward-reverse. I started the engine, switched to gear 1, all doors are closed, no handbrake, nothing. But no. Graphics settings are set to a very, very low level. Now I don't want to try it on my 8 years old notebook (Dell Inspiron 2200). Specs:
- 512 MB RAM
- Intel Celeron 1,4 GHz
- Windows XP Home 32bit
- Intel Mobile Chipset 128 MB
It runs GTA Vice City, Live For Speed, Crazy Taxi 1, 18 Wheels of Steel Pedal to the Metal, Civilization 4 Colonization, Aquadelic GT without problems, and as we bought it, it was able to run Bus Driver. Now he isn't. Or should I give it a try?

I plan to buy a notebook like (or a bit stronger) than my father's one, but a Dell Inspiron, with Windows 8. What can be the issue? Why are notebooks too weak for vBus, when they aren't weak for FIFA or ETS? Should I buy a 32 or 64bit Windows for it? Is Win8 vBus-incompatible? What I should buy if I would like to be able to play vBus?

Thanks for!

AdBot

• Elita

Giepson

Giepson
  • Moderatorzy
  • 779 Posts:
Hi!

vBus should run without any problems on this configuration. If you have problem with start a program or something else, you should try update your graphic drivers and turn on compatibility mode with Windows XP SP3 or Windows 7. You have OS 64-bit and sometimes a process called "WOW32.exe" (code translator from 64-bit to 32-bit and rev.) don't know why does not work as it should work, and end. Show us a logs of vBus. This will help us with finding a issue.

Cheers.
Giepson

Płyta główna: Asus Maximus II Formula P45
Procesor: Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 3.00 GHz Socket T (LGA775)
Pamięć: 2x2GB OCZ GOLD 800 MHz CL5-5-5 DDR2
Karta graficzna:
ASUS GTX 560 Ti DirectCU II 1 GB
Dysk twardy: Samsung SpinPoint F1 1 TB (SATA II, 32MB cache, NCQ)
Zasilacz: Corsair CMPSU-750TXEU - 750W
Obudowa: Antec Gamer Nine Hundred Case

Butelka

Butelka

[PL] [EN] [ES]

• Moderatorzy
  • 2830 Posts:
32/64-bit OS doesn't matter for vBus, neither does the difference between WinXP and Win7. The problem is, vBus has an inefficient graphics engine.
What is the exact graphics card model on your father's laptop? What is the version of GPU drivers you are using?