VB won't go beyond loading screen - Help - VirtualBus forum

VB won't go beyond loading screen

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

rado84

rado84
  • Użytkownicy
  • 7 Posts:
I've just downloaded the latest version (A6E, I think) but it won't show me the menu. I made my settings in the corresponding window, clicked "start" and all I get is a thick orange line with a crosshair on the screen but beyond that nothing happens. My PC is powerful enough to play GTA IV on maximum details, so I don't think the problem is in my hardware configuration. I tried to run the game in all available compatibility modes and yet it won't get to the main menu (if there is such a thing).

AdBot

• Elita

Butelka

Butelka

[PL] [EN] [ES]

• Moderatorzy
  • 2830 Posts:
Once vBus gets stuck on that, close it with task manager, and then upload here vblog.txt and MapLog.txt from your VirtualBus main folder.

rado84

rado84
  • Użytkownicy
  • 7 Posts:
Here they are.

Attached File(s)

• Attached File  VBLogs.rar   2.97K   87 Number of downloads

Butelka

Butelka

[PL] [EN] [ES]

• Moderatorzy
  • 2830 Posts:
Hmm... Weird, nothing's wrong in the logs. Have you tried waiting a while as it holds on the loading screen?

rado84

rado84
  • Użytkownicy
  • 7 Posts:
I did. Waited for approx. 20 minutes.

screen

screen
  • Użytkownicy
  • 1 Posts:
The same problem. Help please

Raoul94

Raoul94
  • Użytkownicy
  • 2 Posts:
My errors in the log:

> Loading scenery
      [ FAIL ]

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
•••    E R R O R    ••• "Could not open file: C:\Users\Raoul\Desktop\vb\VirtualBus\Textures\Skybox\\dn.jpg"
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

> Loading passengers
      [ FAIL ]

•••    E R R O R    ••• "Access violation at address 005327BD in module 'VirtualBus.exe'. Read of address 00000008"
[...]

> Configuring controls
      [  OK  ]
    > Preparing materials
      [  OK  ]
    > Loading sounds
      [  OK  ]
    > Searching music
      [  OK  ]

•••    E R R O R    ••• "Access violation at address 00533F6F in module 'VirtualBus.exe'. Read of address 0000000C"

>>> Exiting  TVBGameForm.Startuj

What's the problem? I have 1.5 GB of RAM + Readyboost of 4GB installed.

Mateusz

Mateusz

Administrator

• Administratorzy
  • 612 Posts:
Try to choose other Skybox in Settings - Graphics tab. Probably "Rano" will be ok.

If it won't help, try to uncheck skybox.

rado84

rado84
  • Użytkownicy
  • 7 Posts:
About my problem: could it be caused by the CPU? It's 64-bit dual core. May be VB can't run on x64 both CPU and OS?

Butelka

Butelka

[PL] [EN] [ES]

• Moderatorzy
  • 2830 Posts:
Nothing like this. I run VirtualBus with no problems on AMD Phenom II X4 920 and Windows 7 Pro x64.

rado84

rado84
  • Użytkownicy
  • 7 Posts:
Well, then I guess I'll wait for the next version and in the meantime I'll post my PC config for the devs to figure out what's going on.

AsRock G31M-GS R2.0
Intel Celeron E3300 64-bit Dual Core at 2.5 GHz
Radeon HD6770 1GB GDDR5
4GB RAM DDR2-800
HDD 500GB WDCG
Windows 7 Ultimate x64
Comodo Firewall x64
Avira Personal x86

Attached File(s)

agora86

agora86
  • Użytkownicy
  • 1 Posts:
I have the same problems as yours, what can I do?
I will post my files......   thx

Attached File(s)

• Attached File  MapLog.txt   17.38K   20 Number of downloads
  • Attached File  vblog.txt   6.99K   16 Number of downloads

Mateusz

Mateusz

Administrator

• Administratorzy
  • 612 Posts:
agora86: turn off skybox in settings.

rado84

rado84
  • Użytkownicy
  • 7 Posts:
I finally was able to run the game. Apparently the skybox function has glitches since when I removed the tick from it, the game started normally.

firman

firman
  • Użytkownicy
  • 1 Posts:
hey please help me too...
when i played vb in win xp it can run, but when i used win 7
my screen stuck with orange bar
when i unselect all option in graphic tab vb become white screen and not reponding
here log and my computer spec

Attached File(s)

• Attached File  DxDiag.txt   27.09K   9 Number of downloads
  • Attached File  MapLog.txt   13.89K   2 Number of downloads
  • Attached File  vblog.txt   8.55K   11 Number of downloads

Probus

Probus
  • Użytkownicy
  • 1 Posts:
Hello busers!! I'm very proud for posting my first post.

Looks like there's a problem due to HUD and Stop Guidance textures incorrectly loading. Common problem on PCs with Intel processors. So, please check your vblog.txt on your game files and find that message:

•••    E R R O R    ••• "Characters are too large or too many. Unable to create font texture."

If there is a error message like this, start the VirtualBus application and click to Settings tab. Clear the "HUD" and "Stop guidance" ticks and then push the Start button.

Enjoy!!

jhony

jhony
  • Użytkownicy
  • 1 Posts:
i have the same problem.i uchecked the tick from skybox but the game wont start please help

Attached File(s)

• Attached File  MapLog.txt   18.78K   3 Number of downloads
  • Attached File  vblog.txt   16.54K   2 Number of downloads

jjcoolay

jjcoolay
  • Użytkownicy
  • 1 Posts:
I have Windows XP and A6E wont go past the loading screen? is it the type of windows?

Zo20

Zo20
  • Użytkownicy
  • 3 Posts:
My version of this still wont work, yet I have deactivated skybox, wont start up or anything, best way to describe it is frozen.

Can someone help please?

Thanks.